- Very efficient in all types of melasma and pigmentation problems
- Improvement can be seen in some in as little as two weeks
- Compatible with light and dark skin types (Fitzpatrick I – VI)
- Peeling accelerates pigmentation blending
- Treatment can begin and be used all year round
- Very effective for acne patients
- Variable levels of hydroquinone
- Includes retinoic acid for cell turnover and renewal
- High safety margin
Degreasing Solution – Aqua, Acetone
CosmelanMD® 1 – Cream (10g)
Hydroquinone, Retinoic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Arbutine, Licorice Extract, Salicylic Acid, Retinol Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopherol, Bisabolol, Allantoin, Nicotonomide, Alo Babadensis, Titanium Dioxide
CosmelanMD® 2 – Maintenance Cream (30g)
Hydroquinone, Titanium Dioxide, Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid
Mesoestetic® Hydra Vital Factor K Cream (50ml)
Hydro nutritional cream for face and neck. Hydroviton, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Amniotic fluid, Glycerine, Silicone oil.
Preliminary Information for the Patient
Important: If you have undergone any previous treatments, especially with glycolic acid, these treatments must be completely stopped at least one week prior to using Cosmelan MD® Depigmentation treatment.
The CosmelanMD® Depigmentation treatment is only administered in a medical office and support products must be continued at home, daily, according to the guidelines indicated.
The treatment must not be interrupted under any circumstances, during the whole time prescribed. As melanin production is being suppressed, failure to maintain proper use of sunscreen and your support products may allow reactivation of pigment production cycles.
Cosmelan MD® Depigmentation is NOT TO BE COMBINED with any other depigmentation treatments.
Follow up visits are recommended 15 days after the beginning of treatment, and 30 days after, and follow-up treatment are revisit every month thereafter.
Treatment Application – Cosmelan MD® Depigmentation Treatment
Application of Degreasing Solution
- Clean skin with water and neutral cleanser.
- Apply Degreasing solution to the whole area to be treated. It will eliminate all impurities and oil from the skin to achieve optimum penetration of Cosmelan® 1 – Cream
Application of Cosmelan® 1 – Cream
- Evenly distribute the cream to form a face mask, applying a thicker layer over blemishes gradually thinning out over the rest of the face.
- The patient goes home with the mask applied based on the Fitzpatrick phototype classification suggested below:
- After the action time has elapsed, the patient must remove the mask with water and a neutral cleanser.
- Following, the patient will immediately apply a layer of mesoestetic® Hydra Vital Factor K Cream over the whole surface-treated
Cosmelan MD Post Treatment
First and Second day
- During the first three to five days of the treatment, the skin will peel and be red.
- If the skin is very sensitive, the patient may experience an itching feeling.
- Slight burning and tightening of the skin are also absolutely normal, especially during the first few hours right after starting the treatment.
- To relieve these problems, it is advisable to apply the mesoestetic® Hydra-vital factor K whenever necessary.
Reddening of the Skin
The reddening that occurs on the face after applying the mesoestetic® Cosmelan MD is expected and is normal.
Flaking and Peeling
Flaking and peeling will occur on all skin types (and more intensely in phototypes I and II) between the second and third day. In this case, it is advisable to apply the mesoestetic® Hydra-vital factor K cream, repeating this every two hours on the day when the flaking is most intense.
Fifth and Sixth day
After the fifth or sixth day, your skin will be calmer and you should notice some initial fading of pigmentation. When peeling is complete you will notice much smoother skin.
Home Treatment – Cosmelan® 2 Maintenance Cream (Contains 6% hydroquinone)
- Clean Face completely, every time mesoestetic® Cosmelan 2 is applied.
- Apply a thin layer of mesoestetic® Cosmelan 2 all over face mask style, with a light, circular movement.
- Apply mesoestetic® Hydra-vital factor K to the face and neck with a light, circular motion 15 minutes after applying mesoestetic® Cosmelan 2. Use daily.
*Individual Results may vary and no guarantees can be made.
**Results may vary. Unless noted otherwise, testimonials provided are patients of Tucson Cosmetics who have undergone completed treatment(s.) Before and after images reflect real results from real patients, although individual results may vary. Statements estimating treatment duration and the amount of treatments required are based on the typical experience of patients of Tucson Cosmetics, however, duration and amount of treatments needed may vary per client. A guarantee is neither provided nor implied.