Botox®, Dysport®, Xeomin®, and Jeuveau® are medications that belong to a class of drugs called Neuromuscular Blockers. We use these FDA-Approved medications to artistically treat any and all areas of the face and body.
What does it treat?
- Fine lines around the eyes and forehead
- Lifts droopy brows and forehead
- Relaxes aggressive facial muscles
- Lips: Lip-Flip, Gummy Smile, vertical lines
- Chin: Raise corners of the mouth, soften dimpling
- Nose: Lift the tip, relax bunny lines, and narrow
- Jaw/Masseter: Relax clenching, slim the face
- Neck: Lift and relax platysma bands and necklines
- MicroTox: Soften under eyes, expertly lift brows
We also treat hyperhidrosis, migraines, and more!
How does it work?
Contractions of the delicate underlying facial muscles cause fine lines, wrinkles, droop, etc. The medication blocks impulses from the nerve to the muscles in the area(s) treated and relaxes the muscles so they do not contract, helping slow down the visible signs of aging. Wrinkles and dimpling can be dramatically softened; muscles relaxed, lifted, and/or narrowed, while untreated facial muscles contract normally, allowing normal facial expression. These injections have been used safely and effectively since the 1980s and have been clinically proven to be safe.
How it is administered?
The medication is drawn into a syringe and injected (with the smallest needle available outside of a hospital) into precise locations, always tailored to each patients’ anatomy by Dr. Rubbani. There is very little pain and we’ll numb you prior to injection (most people say it’s like a bug bite). There is no residual numbness in the area of injection since it does not affect nerves that provide sensation.
What should i expect after my treatment with Botox®, Dysport®, Xeomin®, and Jeuveau®
- Some clients experience slight temporary bruising at the injection site which can easily be covered with make-up
- You should NOT rub the injection site for 2 hours after the injection, avoid excessive heat and sweating for at least 24 hours
- The area(s) treated usually start to relax within a few days, and maximum relaxation can be seen within 2 weeks. This is the ideal time to see us for a follow-up if any ‘tweaks’ are desired.
- The effects gradually wear off 3-4 months after treatment (exception: hyperhidrosis treatment ~9 months; lips ~2 months)
- When treatments are continued and there is not too much time in-between and/or the medication is not allowed to fully wear-off, you will generally find that the effects last longer with each treatment.
How else do i treat wrinkles or droop?
*Individual Results may vary and no guarantees can be made.
**Results may vary. Unless noted otherwise, testimonials provided are patients of Tucson Cosmetics who have undergone completed treatment(s.) Before and after images reflect real results from real patients, although individual results may vary. Statements estimating treatment duration and the amount of treatments required are based on the typical experience of patients of Tucson Cosmetics, however, duration and amount of treatments needed may vary per client. A guarantee is neither provided nor implied.